- Interview: Safdar Imam Hyder, senior costing specialist at Omantel, Oman: “US operators are doing it better and Omantel should learn its pricing lessons from them.” 20 May 2013 | 5:03 pm
- Interview: head of FMCG Group, Swift Networks, Nigeria: “LTE 4G is critical to the introduction of advanced broadband services in Nigeria.” 20 May 2013 | 1:55 pm
- Interview: Director, Greenet, Netherlands: “We believe that proper broadband connections are a must for everyone.” 15 May 2013 | 8:08 am
- Interview: VP product development, Technocentre, Orange: “The combination of RCS, LTE and VoLTE means that customers will have no reason to go elsewhere for their communications.” 14 May 2013 | 2:18 pm
- Interview: Head of international standardisation and IP management, DT, UK: “competing with OTT is not the goal of Deutsche Telekom.” 14 May 2013 | 10:00 am
Senior Vice President & Head of Technology StrategySK Telecom
Dr.Choi Jin-sung joined SK Telecom as Senior Vice President and Head of Technology Strategy Office in Corporate R&D Center in 2012. He is responsible for building the company’s technology roadmaps and strategies aimed at securing technology leadership in the rapidly-evolving mobile marketplace. In line with the company’s efforts to open a new LTE 2.0 era, his focus is currently on developing next generation network technologies including LTE and LTE-A.
Choi has over 20 years of experience in the mobile telecommunications industry. Before joining SK Telecom, he held various key positions at LG Electronics including EVP & Head of Mobile Communications Business Unit, EVP & Head of Mobile Core Technology Lab and SVP & Head of Next-Generation Telecommunications Lab. Choi is credited with developing the world’s first LTE handset modem chip and launching LG’s first Android smartphone. He has also actively participated in global standardization activities through 3GPP, NGMN, OMA and ITU.
He received his Bachelor’s degree in Control and Instrumentation Engineering from Seoul National University; and Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering and Doctor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from University of Southern California.